The first day (17th) will be held at Universitetshuset (University main building) room VIII (click here for map) and the second day (18th) will be held at Gustavianum auditorium minus (click here for map).
The aim of this workshop is to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Carl-Gustav Esseen who was born on the 18th of September 1918. He received world fame with his PhD-thesis in 1944 on the remainder term estimate in the central limit theorem. Esseen held the chair of applied mathematics, later mathematical statistics, at the Technical University (KTH) in Stockholm between 1949 and 1967, after which he moved to the newly created chair at Uppsala University, where he stayed until his retirement at the end of 1984. He died in November 2001 at the age of 83.
- Irina Shevtsova (Moscow State University)
- Bero Roos (University of Trier)
- Georg Lindgren (Lund University)
- Adrian Roellin (National University of Singapore)
- Lutz Mattner (University of Trier)