Uppsala University is organizing this year’s edition of the conference series "Elliptics", which is scheduled for October 18th to 22nd 2021 in Uppsala, in person.
The aim of the conference is to bring together particle physicists, string theorists and mathematicians working on functions involving elliptic curves, higher-genus surfaces and Calabi-Yau manifolds. We hope that the dialogue between these different viewpoints advances our understanding of the functions required to make precise predictions for future particle physics experiments and to control higher orders in string perturbation theory.
Latest travel regulations for entering Sweden:
For the latest travel regulations to Sweden, please follow the link in the sidebar.
1.5 days of introductory school:
The first 1.5 days of the conference will have the character of a school with 3 lecture series of 150 minutes on particle physics, string theory and mathematical concepts. Even though the lectures will be primarily tailored to PhD students and early-stage postdocs, they may also be a rewarding opportunity for more senior participants to consolidate their background on some of the topics. There will be a reception on Monday at 17:00 in the theoretical physics division (Ångström Laboratory, House 9, Floor 2).
Confirmed school lecturers:
- Erik Panzer (University of Oxford)
- Lorenzo Tancredi (Technical University of Munich)
- Piotr Tourkine (LAPTH Annecy)
Confirmed conference speakers:
- Johannes Broedel (ETH Zurich)
- Francis Brown (University of Oxford)
- Miranda Cheng (University of Amsterdam)
- Nikolaos Diamantis (University of Nottingham)
- Daniele Dorigoni (Durham University)
- Claude Duhr (University of Bonn)
- Clément Dupont (University of Montpellier)
- Benjamin Enriquez (University of Strasbourg)
- Yvonne Geyer (Chulalongkorn University)
- Michael Green (University of Cambridge)
- Eric Hopper (University of Rochester)
- Nikhil Kalyanapuram (Pennsylvania State University)
- Deepak Kamlesh (University of Oxford)
- Axel Kleinschmidt (AEI Potsdam)
- Edwin Langmann (KTH Stockholm)
- Sebastian Mizera (IAS Princeton)
- Andrzej Pokraka (McGill University)
- Martin Raum (Chalmers University)
- Carlos Rodriguez (Uppsala University)
- Stephan Stieberger (MPI Munich)
- Moritz Walden (Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz)
- Matthias Wilhelm (NBI Copenhagen)
(*) Several of the talks will be delivered via zoom. We encourage everyone with the possibility to travel to attend in person.
The conference is hosted by the Department of Physics and Astronomy at Uppsala University. The scientific program will take place in the Ångströmlaboratoriet located in walking distance from the city center. See further information by clicking the link in the sidebar.
The conference banquet takes place on Thursday 21/10 18:30 at the restaurant Eklundshof möten & fest. It is located 5 minutes (walking distance) north of the physics department. For further directions, see google maps.
- European Research Council (ERC-STG-804286 UNISCAMP)
- Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation
Previous editions of the conference series
Links to workshops on similar topics